The Winter 2015 Meeting Schedule from the Westside Central Office is now available. These printed meeting schedules cover the Western Portland Oregon metropolitan area. They are free of charge, however, if you would like to help us cover printing costs, a voluntary contribution of 50 cents per schedule is welcome. Stop by our office to grab one for yourself or some for your group.
Stop by the Westside Central Office on Saturdays, between 12noon and 4pm, to purchase A.A. Literature at cost! For a limited time only, we are offering the “As Bill Sees It” hardcover book for $8.00 and the softcover edition for $7.60. That’s $1 off the regular price!
The Westside Central Office is pleased to announce open office hours! We will be open each Saturday from Noon to 4pm starting on November 1, 2014. Everyone’s welcome to stop by during this time to purchase A.A. Literature or to pick up information on A.A.
We are also seeking office volunteers that can work all or part of a Noon to 4pm shift on Saturdays. In particular, we can really use someone for the fourth Saturday of the month, however, alternates for other Saturdays are needed as well. The term of service is one year and we suggest two or more years of continuous sobriety. Contact us if you are interested.
Literature prices help cover the costs of A.A.’s General Service Office (GSO) in New York. As GSO strives to become more self-supporting, it has become necessary for A.A.W.S. to raise literature prices to maintain the level and quality of those services and the financial health and stability of GSO. The new prices will become effective on October 1, 2014. You can obtain a list of the new literature prices on the last page of our August 2014 newsletter.
Because Westside Central Office matches GSO’s prices for literature, our prices will also increase on October 1, 2014. Now is the time to stock up on literature at the current prices. Click here to order literature.
The Westside Central Office continues to grow! Just three months after moving into our first office, we have moved into our second office.
The slightly larger new office is located next door to the old office. The added square feet allows us to feel a little less cramped during our monthly business meeting. Our new address is 12705 SW Beaverdam RD Suite E, Beaverton, OR 97005 (located behind the Curiosities Vintage Mall).
Our office is currently open by appointment only. We hope to start offering open office hours soon. To do so, we need a number of volunteers to work at our office. We are currently looking for A.A. members who are available to work one Saturday a month for all or part of a 12noon to 4pm shift. Two or more years of continuous sobriety is suggested for these positions. Job duties include opening and closing the office, selling literature, and answering questions about A.A. to anyone who stops by the office. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact us or attend one of our monthly business meetings.
The Westside Central Office is taking reservations for the 75th Anniversary Big Book. This is a limited edition first edition reproduction that will be issued by A.A.W.S. in April of this year. Because it is a limited edition, we believe that these will go fast.
You can either preorder through the General Service Office (an order form is available here) or through us. Each book is $12. By ordering through us, you don’t have to pay until you receive your book. However, we’re ordering a limited quantity, so we recommend that interested A.A.s place their order soon (preferably before February 28, 2014). To order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information on the 75th Anniversary Big Book.
We now have an A.A. Meeting Locator that allows you to find meetings close to an address or zip code. Now you can find meetings within a certain radius near you or any other West Portland (OR) metropolitan address. Click here to try it.
The Westside Central Office’s new Corrections Chair, Josh S, is looking for individuals interested in carrying the message to the alcoholic behind bars. Interested A.A.s are encouraged to attend the Committee’s monthly meeting held the 3rd Thursday of each month, 6:30pm, at the Westside Central Office (12705 SW Beaverdam RD Suite D, Beaverton, OR 97005). If you’re interested in getting involved but unable to attend the meeting, then email the corrections Chair at email@example.com. More information is available here.
Revised January 6, 2015
Below are the current Service Position openings at the Westside Central Office (WCO):
- Co-Chair – If Chair resigns or is unable to serve for any reason, the Co-Chair steps in and assumes Chair duties and responsibilities; records WCO business meeting minutes in absence of recording secretary. 2 years continuous sobriety suggested, serves through September 30, 2016.
- Outreach Committee Chair - Leads a committee of volunteers that informs A.A. Groups on how to get involved with WCO. 2 years continuous sobriety suggested, serves through September 30, 2015.
- Literature Chair - Reaches out to groups and districts on the Westside to provide literature; maintains stock of the WCO literature, purchasing as needed; coordinates purchases of literature by groups or districts through WCO website or WCO hotline. 2 years continuous sobriety suggested, serves through September 30, 2016.
- Newsletter Committee Chair - Publishes the Westside Central Office’s monthly newsletter Into Action! 2 years continuous sobriety suggested, serves through September 30, 2015.
- Public Information Committee Chair – Informs the public on “what A.A. is” and “what A.A. is not” through literature, presentations, and public service announcements. 2 years continuous sobriety suggested, serves through September 30, 2016.
- Cooperation with the Professional Community Committee Chair – Leads a committee that informs professionals who may come into contact with active alcoholics about A.A. These professionals include health care workers, law enforcement officers, educators, attorneys, clergy, etc. 2 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2016.
- Corrections Committee Chair – Leads a committee that carries A.A.’s message to the alcoholic behind bars. 2 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2016.
- Treatment Facilities Chair – Leads a committee that carries A.A.’s message into Treatment Facilities. 2 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2016.
- Office Volunteer - Job duties include opening and closing the office, selling literature, and answering questions about A.A. to anyone who stops by the office. 2 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Note: This is an appointed position. Please email your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 503-684-0415 (menu option 0).
- Office Volunteer Chair - Assists the Office Manager (or Board of Directors) with finding A.A.s to volunteer at the WCO facility. 2 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2015.
- Office Manager – Manages the Westside Central Office and its volunteers. 5 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2016.Note: Office Manager is appointed by the Board of Directors. Please email your service resume to email@example.com.
- Assistant Office Manager -Assists the Office Manager in their duties. 3 years continuous sobriety is suggested. Serves through September 30, 2016.Note: Assistant Office Manager is appointed by the Board of Directors. Please email your service resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed job descriptions for each service position are available here.